Thursday, April 16, 2009

52 kilometers, Bamunanika to Kiwoko

Dear friends, this summer, I plan to retrace my steps to take the same journey I took in 1989 from Bamunanika to Kiwoko where I first met my Irish parents. In 1989 when I first made that journey, I was a desperate young girl, without a home, stripped of all dignity, unwanted, and despised by the people I loved and trusted the most. I had lost everything except perhaps my life. That journey led me to Ian and Robbie Clarke, two people who took a wild chance at loving me. It led me to the beginning of my nursing career, it lead me to a place of hope. It was the beginning of my restoration as a girl, and it was a second chance at having a family and hope for the future. That journey set me on a path of discovering a new me. It gave me wings to fly and to live out my faith in a manner that was liberating.
For more on this story
To learn more about the University please visit: http://www.ihsu.ac.ug/
To learn more about child sacrifice in Uganda, please follow this link to a recent article by Mubatsi Asinja Habati (The independent): http://www.independent.co.ug/index.php/society/society/37-society/620-ugandas-epidemic-of-child-sacrifice.
To walk with me, please send me an email: 52kilometers@gmail.com
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for standing/walking with me in this Journey.
Always Rose

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All the best Rose. Soo proud of you!